Policy for Safety, Health & Environment (SHE)
We continuously strive to protect people and environment from the safety, health, and environmental impacts from our processes. We are committed to reducing the environmental footprint of our operations and have set goals for reduction of CO2, energy, water and waste to landfill.
We strive to create safe and healthy work places and conditions for all employees and people working with us across the world. We have an ambition of zero injuries for people working with and for us.
How we work:
- We maintain effective safety, health and environmental management systems to facilitate implementation of this policy and to drive continuous improvements.
- We focus on leadership, training, knowledge sharing and awareness programs to create a culture of continuous improvement to facilitate reaching our goals.
- We comply as a minimum with local, national and international legislation and continuously prepare for relevant upcoming requirements.
- We develop own standards to protect people and environment. In cases where our own standards exceed legal requirements, our standards prevail.
- We apply risk assessments in order to prioritize our activities to protect and manage risks for our employees and others working for us and for the environment, as well as in the development and implementation of new processes and machinery.
- We conduct internal audits to improve the safety, health and environmental performance and awareness across the Group.
Transparency and stakeholders:
- We report regularly on our safety, health, and environmental performance internally and externally to stakeholders and via international schemes such as UN Global Compact and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- We ensure an open and transparent dialogue with employees and all people working with us as well as neighbours, authorities and other stakeholders.
- We engage with our suppliers to ensure conformance with our Supplier Code of Conduct through Group procurement and purchasing manual.
The policy is supported by a Group SHE manual, which describes responsibilities, processes and procedures. The OPCO MDs and Head of Group Functions are responsible for implementation of this policy within their responsibility area.
The SHE Policy is communicated to all employees and people working directly with us and is available for all interested parties. The ROCKWOOL Code of Conduct describes on an overall basis the ROCKWOOL Group’s position on responsible business conduct and explains the expected behaviour of employees and the Group.